Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bush Speaks

I hate to say it, but I believe part of what Dubya is saying today. He's talking about how congress isn't doing anything really productive. To me, this is a part of the extended extended campaign season for presidency. Congress is using its Democratic majority to keep anything from getting done. Partly this makes Bush look bad because nothing's happening, but at the same time it makes the Dems look bad because they're blocking things from happening in their passive-aggressive way.

But I actually like the way Bush is using his press address power to call out congress in their attempts to hold up meaningful work.

Now it is possible that he's just spinning the situation, and that there have been meaningful bills passed. If you can inform me of some progress made this session by congress, please set me straight. I would much rather feel that Democratic congress is good.

And now of course in the Q&A he is getting really defensive and impatient. I like it when that happens. The press keeps trying to trick him into commenting on something, and he keeps saying "you're trying to trick me", then he ends up frustrated.

No comments: