Friday, October 26, 2007

"Beer Track" Voters

I just posted about this over on My Life With Beer, but I need to continue on a different angle over here.

The overview: beer track voters are supposedly poor democrats who care about unions and making ends meet, while wine track voters are supposedly rich democrats who care about global peace and more cerebral issues. This really pisses me off. I am a beer lover, but I would fit into their wine track.

This differentiation just shows how wrong stereotypes can be, and how it can really turn off people you don't want to turn away. It also is a way that the entire government itself works to promote the interests of huge companies, such as Budweiser. It is clearly Bud Miller Coors fans that are the beer track voters for the most part. It's like they don't even know about craft beer, which is up to 5% of the market now, and growing about ten times faster than the overall beer market.

It reminds me of the NASCAR Dad's thing from last time. I am a NASCAR fan, a dad, but I am NOT A republican who wants to go to war, like the NASCAR dads were supposed to be. Sometimes it seems that the so-called lberal media is more regressive since they constantly play off old stereotypes. Furthering these things in such a public way works to suppress any difference from the stereotype. In other words, as a NASCAR fan who is a liberal, I was sort of put in a state of limbo by the promotion of that stereotype of NASCAR Dad. It worked to alienate me from politics and NASCAR. Although I have recovered ;)

Now beer track voters alienate me from politics and beer. Although I will sooner discard politics than beer. I think I need to find acceptance of broad generalizations that must be made by people in the position of presidential candidates or media organizations. But then again, blogging is all about fighting stereotypes and getting the voice of the little guy out there. So here I am.

"wine track" beer entrepreneur
liberal anti-war "NASCAR Dad"

No comments: