Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Barack vs. Hillary

So it is primary season, in case you have been hiding under a rock for the last 54 months. Unfortunately I am registered as Independent, so I don’t get a chance to vote in the upcoming primary elections. But I am always interested to follow the primaries so I get to see which Democrat I’ll get to vote for in the General Elections.

For a while I liked Hillary Clinton. After all, she IS a Clinton, and that’s just cool. Plus she’s a woman, which would be a good step forward for our country. As far as I can tell, she seems to have good policies. The only problem is that she is a bit of a statue when it comes to public speaking. I never have heard her talk and gotten a good feeling that she is a real person. She always seems so uncomfortable.

Then I got a chance to hear Barack Obama speak on a clip of news on the radio. Now here’s a guy that can speak! He was really energizing to listen to. That’s what this country needs, after so many years of Mr. same-inflection-for-every-occasion Bush. And as far as I can tell, he’s about the same as Hillary on the policies. In the end they all have to obey the party. Only problem with Barack is that he’s Black, and that may not go over too well with some of our less tolerant, confederate flag waving neighbors. Plus he is pretty inexperienced, which we have had a bit too much of with Bush Jr.

I guess there’s also Edwards, but I still don’t get what made him think he had a chance last time. I mean, who ever heard of him? But at the same time, Mitt Romney, who I had never heard of until last year (even though I live one state away in CT) is right up there in the Republican camp. I guess it goes to show money rules.

No comments: