Friday, November 9, 2007

Universal Preschool - No Thanks!

So I am mostly a liberal person, generally voting party line (i.e. all Democrats) but now I am hearing things I don't like from the Dems. Hillary (and probably all of them) are talking about universal preschool. Ugh! See my other unschooling blog for more info, but more school is not the answer. Only for those kids whose parents' vocabulary barely tops their own, would this be a good idea. For most of us, who are somewhat educated, universal compulsory preschool is BAD NEWS. I guess it is better than day care, somehow, but really in my mind they are the same. Since learning is always happening, whether there is a "teacher" participating or not. But this is all part of the work of Mr. Unschool, so I will leave it at that.

No comments: