Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Global Economy is Here to Stay!

I hear a lot about people from various parts of the red states compaining about how all the manufacturing jobs are leaving this country, and everyone wants to bring them back.

Guess what, folks... the US is no longer a manufacturing superpower. Get used to it. With all the insurance and high wage requirements and all, we just aren't competitive. The only way we will be is if we put tariffs on imports from the mean giants (I'm looking at you, China) to offset the lower cost of biz over there.

On the other hand, maybe if our domestic international companies who had all the stuff (such as toys) made in China were accountable for quality issues (now I'm looking at you Mattel) we would move the manufacturing back here.

Sometimes I can't tell if I'm lefty or righty. (But then I remember I'm not a fundamentalist Christian, so I must be lefty)

No comments: